We're Hiring Soon
13 Apr 2018 | control
Cup From Above is an innovative social enterprise that exists to champion disadvantaged members of the community with significant barriers to employment and empowers them with employable skills. We operate as a profitable hospitality business that also allows people who are learning to do on the job training alongside professional hospitality workers.
You will be working with the team to deliver great quality food and service. In this role you will be working in a busy café environment, preparing and serving meals. The cafe is located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.
You’ll be offered shifts primarily Monday to Friday morning with the possibility of some weekend work. Initially we have 15 hours but it is likely there could be a full-time position coming up soon. Let us know if you are interested in part time or full time. You’ll be offering great service for all our customers not only to run the business well but also to example to our trainees how to work in the hospitality industry who will be learning alongside you. We are looking for someone to showcase their passion for coffee, food, customer service and leadership.
- Serve your customers exceptional food and coffee
- Train and mentor new staff and trainees to achieve high standards in F&B service
- Actively engage and positively interact with customers to build rapport
- Lead by example with exceptional presentation and grooming standards
- Complete all tasks and necessary administration each day
- Complete end of day procedures, including basic reporting
- Complying with food safety regulations
- Must have at least 3 years experience in hospitality
- Previous hospitality experience in a fast paced reputable venue
- Possess and be able to demonstrate great leadership skills
- Exceptional Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Barista experience essential though training will be provided
- Experience with training and development of staff
- Honest and reliable team player with cash handling experience
Cup From Above is not just a cafe. It’s a place where people come to grow and develop themselves not just in their hospitality skills but as a person. In all honesty it can be really difficult and trialing work at times. Working in a busy cafe and operating a profitable business while simultaneously working alongside trainee volunteers with complex needs can be taxing. It’s more than a job… it’s a calling. The reward is you get to use the skills you’ve developed to empower these individuals and be a part of their transformation and also celebrate the victory when they succeed and get their first job since being homeless or whatever they were struggling with.
If this sounds like a role you’d be passionate about please get in touch with us.
Please forward your CV through to email@example.com
Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0.0 with no alternative available. Please include a comments.php template in your theme. in /hsphere/local/home/cupfromabove/cupfromabove.com.au/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3962